Annual Well-Woman Exams
As recommended by The American College if OB/GYN, we provide the following routine gyn check-up services during your annual well-woman exam.
- Physical exam including but not limited to:
- Appearance (face, eyes, neck. skin)
- Breast – A breast exam is an integral part of your yearly exam
- Pelvic Exam – Vagina, urethra, cervix, uterus, ovaries and lymph nodes
- Pap smear (if needed): Pap smears are early detectors of cervical cancer. Your physician will collect cells from your cervix to determine the presence of infection, inflammation, and abnormal cells that may indicate cervical cancer.
- HPV testing (if applicable)
- Ordering of routine blood work (if applicable)
- Ordering of other routine testing such as bone density study (if needed)
- Refill or dosage changes of maintenance medications pertinent to gynecological care.
Other GYN Services
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
If you are suffering from monthly PMS we will assist you in developing a plan to improve your PMS symptoms. After ruling out any serious conditions, we can recommend a variety of treatments and lifestyle changes including medication, dietary changes, supplementation, exercise and lifestyle modifications that can greatly improve your quality of life.
If you are experiencing symptoms of longer or missed cycles, spotting, painful cramps, etc., we can develop a treatment plan especially for you. Menstrual problems do not have to disrupt your life.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
We hold the confidentiality of our patients in high regard.Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs are infectious diseases that are transmitted through sexual contact. STDs may not cause any symptoms at first, and some STD symptoms may imitate other disease. The most common STDs are:
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Genital herpes
- Human Papillomaviruses (HPVs)
- Genital warts
Other conditions that may also be sexually transmitted are:
- Pubic lice
We can help you alleviate or manage pelvic pain by identifying the causes and developing a personalized treatment plan. Some pelvic pain is normal and is related to monthly ovulation or related to premenstrual conditions. However, if pelvic pain has become a chronic, annoying disruption in your life, this could indicate a more serious condition.
Urinary (or bladder) incontinence occurs when you are not able to keep urine from leaking out of your urethra. The urethra is the tube that carries urine out of your body from your bladder. You may leak urine from time to time. Or, you may not be able to hold any urine.
If you are suffering from symptoms of urinary incontinence, we can work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your individual needs.
Menopause can be a time of emotional and spiritual renewal for many women, but for some, uncomfortable physical symptoms can interfere with life. We provide comprehensive care to help women in menopause, premenopause, perimenopause and postmenopausal stages to stay healthy and feel their best.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
HRT, also known as ERT (estrogen replacement therapy) is medication containing one or more female hormones, most commonly estrogen, progesterone or testosterone.
HRT is most often used to treat symptoms of menopause such as “hot flashes,” vaginal dryness, mood swings, sleep disorders, and decreased sexual desire. This medication may be taken in the form of a pill, a patch or a vaginal insert.
In addition to taking HRT, there are other things that can help women adjust to the changes in life during menopause. Eating healthy foods and getting regular exercise will also help to decrease bone loss and maintain healthy heart muscle.
It is important to have regular checkups with your health care provider when taking HRT.
Family Planning & Contraception
There are a variety of contraceptive choices or birth control methods to choose from including*:
- Birth control pills, patches or rings
- Depo-Provera injections
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
- Tubal ligation surgery
*These services require an examination and prescription
We offer the most advanced and successful treatments for infertility, including the following:
- Initial fertility evaluation
- Evaluation and treatment of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Ovulation induction
- Laparoscopic/Robotic laser surgery
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy