Dr. Jaclyn Friedman is a board-certified and fellowship-trained gynecologic surgeon who specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of uterine fibroids, abnormal uterine bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, and endometriosis. Her decision to enter the medical field was heavily influenced by her father, who is a gastroenterologist and an inspiration to her from a young age. She found her own calling in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, recognizing she could help women throughout their lives, as both adolescents and adults. With her focus in gynecologic surgery, Dr. Friedman treats an array of women’s health conditions varying in complexity using the latest minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Friedman believes the physician-patient relationship is just that—a relationship. She cares for every patient with compassion, listening to their unique goals and developing short- and long-term treatment plans to personalize their care. When her patients leave the office, they know that their concerns have been heard and that Dr. Friedman will work with them to treat any issues with the patient’s specific goals in mind.
In her spare time, Dr. Friedman enjoys traveling and has been fortunate to recently visit places such as Iceland, Peru and London. She is also an avid runner and loves to run in the new cities and countries she visits. Dr. Friedman also likes photography, cooking, tennis, and spending time with her family.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine, Manhasset, NY
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, International Pelvic Pain Society
- Member, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Uterine fibroids
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery